Sunday, June 12, 2011

What's Fresh June 13

Okay, one thing I wanted to do when I started this blog was to post photos of what we are cutting each week so my friends and clients could take a quick check and have a visual availability list. I am already behind...but I will try to post each weekend especially when we have a lot of new varieties coming into bloom.

The lilac this year have been especially beautiful due to the long cool spring.

We have white and purple lilac this week.


I have begged RT for years to grow giant allium and this year we have purple and white. I take such delight in their long graceful necks and fuzzy fragrant heads.
The cat mint has just started blooming, tall and delicate with a fresh minty sweet fragrance.

After four years and four failed attempts we have a good crop of lupine--we are thrilled. We have pink, blue and purple lupine.

The peonies have just started to bloom. They are very late for us this year but the cool temps have created beautiful blooms on long strong stems with healthy foliage. The deep magenta is on this week with Coral Charm to follow soon.

We are harvesting the first viburnum--snow ball! And the lace cap viburnum will be ready for next week. Please check our weekly availability for a complete list of flowers.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy about the Lupine! The giant allium is amazing!

    ReplyDelete