Sunday, June 5, 2011

Newest Additions

On the rare occasions I slow myself down and observe I discover wonderful things...like this nest! We had new neighbors move in right under my nose. Mrs. Robin built her nest on the corner of the little barn, aka my garage, and I walk by here a million times a day. After getting too close Mrs. Robin flew out just over my head in warning--fortunately I was wearing a hat.

May 24


May 26

After poor Gracie, our orphan kitty, had her ear clipped by one of the robins, I get RT to run interference for me so I can get a quick shot.

May 27
Now that is a face that only a mother could love.

May 31
Just a few days old and they look like birds. Check out the cheeky fellow front and center, I'll bet she's the firstborn, or is that first hatched?!

June 4
Gee, look ma--real feathers!

June 7
Less than two weeks ago these little guys were eggs! It's getting really crowded in there and that same cheeky fellow is giving me the eye!

These little guys are just about ready to leave the nest. I hope I don't miss it. I will try to keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment