Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fresh Cuts: June 10

We are in the midst of a peony and poppy explosion, so I am a little late with this week's fresh cuts.


Oriental Poppy explosion close-up

Oriental Poppy explosion bouquet
I did a little experiment--these poppies rode in the truck to Jackson and back last Wednesday.  I popped them in the cooler and then threw this bouquet together to take to yoga Thursday evening.  I took this photo an hour ago--it is Saturday morning and I am rushing to get this online!  I wanted you to see that poppies can make an excellent cut--these little babies look great after a lot of abuse you would not dream of.  I shipped 50 stems of the white poppy to Salt Lake City overnight--I'll let you know how they fared.

...So let's start with poppies:

Poppy assortment, pink and red

Orange Oriental Poppy

Red Oriental Poppy
Salmon Oriental Poppy
White Oriental Poppy
A Vera Wang wedding right there!

Allium Giant

Catmint

Clematis Blue

Clematis Recta
RT bringing in freshly cut Clematis Recta

Clematis Wine

Delphinium Aurora Lavender

Flilpendula

Floxglove

Green Wizard

Green Wizard close-up

Heuchera "Coral Bells"
Did I mention peonies--yeah, in addition to the poppy explosion RT is out cutting peonies every 4 hours.  It's like having a newborn.  We have some new exciting varieties and I am as proud as a new parent.  We have white, coral, red/fuchsia and pink.

Peony "Scarlett O'Hara"
 I am ga-ga over this one--this is the deepest magenta ever.

Red/fuchsia and pink peonies

White and pink peonies

Peony "Coral Charm"

Red snapdragons

Turkish Lime sweet pea on the vine

Pink sweet pea on the vine

Lavender, pink and white sweet peas
Viburnum "Lace cap"
West Fields

East Fields

Sunflower rows
White Oriental Poppy



No comments:

Post a Comment