Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fresh Cuts: April 15

Query:  What do frustrated painters/farmers do when they are too busy farming to paint?


We "paint" with our cameras--well actually I use my iphone.

Even though the wind was raging the skies were bright and I put the sunshine to good use.



The vile weather put a stop to all work outside so I got a little design time.  I was taught that redheads should never wear pink, or orange or red...but I like breaking the rules.




I think the orange and magenta tulips, the coral poppy, the pink salmon parrot and the rococo parrot tulips were made for each other.  They strike the perfect counter point for one another and the red tones in each flower create a delicious harmony.  (I just wish I had some purple tulips to push this even farther.)

Obviously we have tulips and poppies this week.  I pulled some buckets out of the cooler so I could show you some varieties available this week.


Pink parrots



Rococo and Red Cap parrots


I am a little smitten with Rococo--I just devour the deep saturated color.


We have a few different varieties of yellow--Big Smile and La Courtine, which has a red stripe on each petal.



Avignon, which ripens to a fabulous deep mango.



Clearwater, a lovely clear white tulip.


Temple of Beauty, a deep coral lily-tipped tulip.



Super Life, one of our new varieties this year--hot pink to magenta.


Super Life open and fully colored.


We have gorgeous Icelandic poppies, our best crop ever.


And we have daffodils, the first blooms harvested outside the greenhouses this spring.

Please check your fax and email for current availability.










No comments:

Post a Comment