Monday, March 21, 2011

First Delivery

Loaded with tulips, hyacinth, pussy willow and twigs I made the first delivery of the season. It was a beautiful drive across the Arco desert--low skies, frosted buttes and mountain ranges deep in snow.

The climb through Craters of the Moon was a bit scary due to a fresh coat of sleet on the roads but the view was spectacular. The entire area like an enormous Dalmatian pack--the hills white rolling mounds flecked with black.

Surprised at the lack of snow from Picabo to Hailey I was blown away by the foot of new snow in Ketchum--it was as if I had been swept back two months into winter. After slogging all over town I treated myself to a fantastic lunch at Despos--grilled chicken in a chipotle tomatillo sauce.

I ran ahead of the weather all the way home, driving through snow, sleet, rain and of course, wind all across the desert!


No comments:

Post a Comment