Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Consciousness

Finally some creative work.  I wish you could get your hands on this book and explore it for yourself.  When closed it is tied together on two edges, can be untied and read from either direction or completely untied and unfolded like an accordion that can wrap back on itself.  The structure is ambiguous so as to imitate the content of the book.  Like the conversation that inspired it, it is an exploration of my thought patterns.  It is playful because that is exactly what I was doing--playing with a thought.  It is part of the Rocky Mountain Artbook Collection 2011 on display in January in Jackson, Wyoming.

 It is constructed of found and manipulated images, very similar to the flotsam one would find in my head.  I could not believe my luck upon discovering digitized images of S. Freud's manuscripts--the power of the Google. 

I have laid it out in order and tried to manipulate the photographs so that you can read and experience the book.  Please feel free to leave comments.

















1 comment: