Friday, February 3, 2012

Panic Meals III

Mamma mia!  Hold the phones!  Holy cow--this is off the hook!  I just finished off the last of the tapenade from Monday night's cooking class and it was totally righteous and so I could not help but share it with you.
I would call this "fish and chips alla Mediterranean".  I had some little yellow potatoes that I put in the microwave for about three minutes, just enough to cook them so that I could easily insert a sharp knife.  Then I cut them up and put them in a hot saute pan with canola oil and let them cook until they were golden.  The only other thing I added was a little salt and pepper.

While the potatoes were sizzling away I prepared some very nice tilapia filets.   I dipped in each filet in egg and then dredged them in some homemade bread crumbs.  Then it was as simple as a saute on each side for four to five minutes.  As soon as the filets were golden on each side, flaky and opaque at the thickest part, I whisked them out of the pan and onto a warm plate.  While they were still hot I topped each with some tapenade that was at room temperature.

Then I added the potatoes to each plate and gave them a little squeeze of lemon and a few grinds of fresh black pepper and rushed them to the table.  Everything was divine!

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Panic Meals, the tapenade got very excited when it met up with the sizzling fish filets, releasing aroma and flavor.  It was a fantastic meal AND it was prepared in under fifteen minutes!  Freaking genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment