Saturday, October 29, 2011

Cooking Classes: Pasta

Pasta

Pasta is made from the most simple ingredients--flour and eggs. Join me Monday evening, Nov. 7, from 7 - 9 pm. when we resume cooking classes. I will show you how to transform these two ingredients into the most delectable noodles you have ever eaten! Seriously, if you have never experienced freshly made pasta with a simple sauce you are in for the treat of a lifetime.



We will start with fettuccini, a simple flat pasta delicious with all kinds of sauces or in soups. Fettuccini can be made with a pasta cutter or a rolling pin and knife.

We will also make capellini, angel hair pasta, a very thin delicate pasta that allows the sauces to really take center stage.

Out in the middle of a natural forest deep in the Piedmonte region of Italy, miles and miles away from nowhere, I saw an open trattoria. We only stopped for a drink but they were just starting the lunch service and it only took me one whiff to know where I was having lunch. I was served a gorgeous wild mushroom sauce served on freshly made cappellini! I can still taste the mushrooms and feel the "bite" of that pasta under my teeth--fantastic!

We will also make some ravioli, a simple filled pasta, a little pocket full of heaven.

This class is full of hands on activities because "many hands make pasta easy." If you love pasta and have never made it from scratch please join me. You will be surprised at how easy it is and how much better fresh pasta can be. Bring an apron and your appetite.

To reserve your place in class please email me at: jasabinart@aol.com.
Monday, Nov. 7, 7-9 pm.
Meridian Center
Blackfoot
$15 per person

No comments:

Post a Comment